Hi,
I'm currently using xorg 7.1 with AIGLX enabled and Beryl.

Yesterday night I did an emerge --sync && emerge -pv world and that's what I found (among others):

[ebuild U ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.2.0-r3 [1.1.1-r5] USE="dri ipv6 nptl sdl xorg -3dfx -debug -dmx -kdrive -minimal -xprint (-aiglx%*)" INPUT_DEVICES="aiptek joystick keyboard...

Notice the (-aiglx%*). man emerge says, about the use flag display syntax:

 [ebuild U ] sys-devel/distcc-2.16 [2.13-r1] USE="ipv6* -gtk -qt%"
Here we see that the make.conf variable USE affects how this package is built. In this example, ipv6 optional support is enabled and both gtk and qt support are disabled. The asterisk following ipv6 indicates that ipv6 support was disabled the last time this packages was installed. The percent sign following qt indicates that the qt option has been added to the package since it was last installed.

Now here I have the following situation:
- I have a functional AIGLX xorg-server
- I have the aiglx USE flag enabled in my make.conf (and also emerge --info confirms aiglx is enabled)

but Portage tells me that aiglx:
        - was a USE flag of the previous version of xorg-xserver (true)
        - it was disabled in the previous version (false, as far as I
understand)
        - is still disabled (false, AFAIU)
        - it has been added only now to xorg-xserver (false, AFAIU)

What is that I don't understand?
Thanks,

m.