On Wednesday 02 May 2007 23:28:57 b.n. wrote:
> I'm currently using xorg 7.1 with AIGLX enabled and Beryl.
>
> Yesterday night I did an emerge --sync && emerge -pv world and that's
> what I found (among others):
>
> [ebuild     U ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.2.0-r3 [1.1.1-r5] USE="dri ipv6
> nptl sdl xorg -3dfx -debug -dmx -kdrive -minimal -xprint (-aiglx%*)"
> INPUT_DEVICES="aiptek joystick keyboard...
>
> Notice the (-aiglx%*). man emerge says, about the use flag display syntax:
[SNIP]
> Now here I have the following situation:
> - I have a functional AIGLX xorg-server
> - I have the aiglx USE flag enabled in my make.conf (and also emerge
> --info confirms aiglx is enabled)
>
> but Portage tells me that aiglx:
>       - was a USE flag of the previous version of xorg-xserver (true)
>       - it was disabled in the previous version (false, as far as I
> understand)
>       - is still disabled (false, AFAIU)
>       - it has been added only now to xorg-xserver (false, AFAIU)
>
> What is that I don't understand?

From `man emerge`:
    - prefix     = not enabled (either disabled or removed)
    * suffix     = transition to or from the enabled state
    % suffix     = newly added or removed
    () circumfix = forced, masked, or removed

So it means that the aiglx use flag used to be enabled but has now been
removed.

*xorg-server-1.2.0 (24 Jan 2007)

  24 Jan 2007; Donnie Berkholz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
  +xorg-server-1.2.0.ebuild:
  Bump. Upstream incorporated some version of all of our patches, so no more
  need for the aiglx USE flag.

Which means that aiglx in no longer optional but instead always enabled.

--
Bo Andresen