Colleen Beamer wrote:
> I use genkernel and there is a screen resolution of something that says
> 1024x768 and I can't edit it.  I also don't know what my horizontal and
> vertical sync are because it's not in my documentation and when I used
> ddxcinfo-knoppix -hsync, it returns 0 0 and ddcxinfo-knoppix -modlines
> doesn't have a corresponding mode for my monitor - the resolution is
> 1920x1200.

Coleen, I've had no luck getting the framebuffer console to recognize 16:9
aspect ratios.  My XPS M1710 boots up to a 1600x1200 console and then starts X
to go to full 1920x1200 resolution.

The relevant lines from my my kernel's .config:

CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
# CONFIG_FB_VESA_STD is not set
CONFIG_FB_VESA_TNG=y
CONFIG_FB_VESA_DEFAULT_MODE="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

--
                             C. Lee Davis
Fantasy Geographic Society              http://fantasy.geographic.net/