At Fri, 04 May 2007 12:03:12 -0400 Colleen Beamer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've always used ATI cards and after this experience, I think I
> still prefer them.

I understand your frustration and going back to ATI in the future is
certainly an option.  I should add however that there have been quite
a number of reports to this mailing list documenting frustration with
ATI (I have never had ATI myself).  My own very unscientific summary
of the situation is that ATI has been less favorably reviewed then
nvidia.  Another view expressed is essentially "a pox on both your
houses", proprietary drivers are problematic by nature.

good luck.
allan