Good day,

What kernel have you?, what version of xorg?

:D

On 5/10/07, Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is it possible to get nvidia binary drivers working for an onboard
GeForce 6100 nForce 400?  lspci doesn't recognise it:
00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Unknown device
03d2 (rev a2)

I saw it listed in _one_ nvidia-drivers package (on the nvidia website)
as supported, but it hasn't been since.

Also, when I try and boot with vesafb-tng, I get this error in the
kernel output:

vesafb: BUG, returned from vm86 with ffffffff (EIP: 0xc0fcc)
vesafb: warning, copying modelist from somewhere in RAM!
vesafb: Sorry, pre-VBE 2.0 cards are not supported.
vesafb: vbe_init failed
vesafb: probe of vesafb.0 failed with error -22

and a low 640x480 console resolution.

anyone else have the Gigabyte GAM61VME-S2 or the nforce 400?

thanks,

Anyone who has had a bull by the tail knows five or six more things
than someone who hasn't.
                -- Mark Twain