Am Montag 21 Mai 2007 09:08 schrieb Mick:
> On Monday 21 May 2007 00:16, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > >
> > > Try badram-sources. I've never used them, but they should do the trick.
> > > I think you can find them in the custom-kernels overlay.
> >
> > ha! good luck trying to compile the kernel with faulty RAM.  Can you
> > remove one stick, or borrow some from a friend / other machine?  That
> > might help with your backups...
>
> Or, drop a Knoppix or a different more lightweight LiveCD in, do your back
> up and then take it to the warranty service?

Of course you should not use the boot option "toram" and cache might be a
problem, too.

I'd recommend a Damn Small Linux (DSL) live cd (50MB) or UBS-Stick if you need
your optical drive to make the backup.

Alternatively you could remove the hdd from your laptop. Many computer stores
offer such a backup service.