I had firestarter-1.0.3 emerged for quite some time.  I hadn't really
used it, but I'm a bit surprised now to find that it's interfering
with normal emerges because it's got a big red "M" smacked on it.

I suppose that means there's a problem with it, and it's explained in
some forum or list that I don't normally get.  But now I'd like a
clue: what's the {prognosis, workaround, fix, alternative}. As I
mentioned, I hadn't really started to use it, but I'd like to have a
better firewall tool than building iptables scripts in vim.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD