On 27 Jun 2007, at 15:21, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:51:25 +0100, Stroller wrote:

I have a couple of customers for whom I've configured Samba running
on Linux as their file-servers. We want to do off-site back-up & I
like the idea of http://www.rsync.net/ which I read as recommended by
a user here or on Slashdot some considerable time ago.
I've recently switched from Strongspace to rsync.net and now use
Duplicity to do the backups. This uses GPG to encrypt the backups and
handles incremental backups. Duplicity is is portage with a good man
page, there is also documentation on using it with rsync.net on their
support pages as it is their recommended solution for encrypted backups.

Thanks Neil, Richard & Alexander for your replies. I actually emailed Rsync.net at the same time I posted to the list and this is what they came back with, too. I hadn't found this page <http://rsync.net/ products/encrypted.html> on their website until they pointed it out.

I can't say I've yet examined Duplicity closely enough to say I'm 101% happy with it, but enough that I've signed the customer up for an account & will have a go at setting it up over the weekend.

Thanks,

Stroller.