Sorry, I was building again my kernel image to confirm that It was not
a stupid mistake.

2007/7/6, Albert Hopkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I recently discovered 'savefallback' in grub which I did not know about.
I'll assume you're using that but again, I haven't seen your grub.conf.

Dan Farrell made an intresting point about boot log and showconsole, but
I assumed you were already using that.

Ya, I did it. No boot.log created when booting the xen-kernel, but
reporting good status when I boot up the good 2.6.20 one. So, feature
is on.

 But I still don't that will help
you because your problem appears to be one of the following:

      * Grub is not loading your kernel and is falling back (same as my
        original theory)

Ya, you should be right...

      * Your kernel/hypervisor is loading but is crashing immediately.
        If the Xen hypervisor is crashing you really need the console.
        AFAIK there's no option to log.  The only option you really have
        is whether or not to immediately reboot when it crashes.  If Xen
        is loading successfully then it loads your dom0. If that's
        crashing it's probably crashing immediately (i.e. not even
        mounting root). If it is the dom0 then that seems to be the case
        since you can't find any record of it having booted.  If you
        crash before you mount root read/write then showconsole and
        bootlog are useless.
All things said, I'm still guessing that it's either a grub problem or
Xen doesn't like your hardware.  Xen is picky about hardware and
sometimes you have to turn on/off things in the BIOS or as a parameter
to Xen (like the ACPI controller) but it's going to be hard to guess
without an error message and I'm betting that error message appears
before bootlog/showconsole take effect.

Okay, thanks a lot, I am looking for such information since I am new
to xen. I will google for people running xen solutions on the same
kind of boxes.

--
Albert W. Hopkins

Many thanks for your support guys ;o)