On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 08:22 +0200, Xav' wrote:
> Iain Buchanan wrote :
> > Hi,
> >
> > for a while I've been seeing errors like this:
> >
> > fglX11AllocateManagedSurface: __FGLTexMgrAllocMem failed!!
[snip]
> > Essentially it led me to `mount | grep "shm"`
[snip]
> > and of course, this is already enabled.  So why am I seeing the error?

> You have to check if in the /dev/shm directory there is no files.
> If there is ones, check their permissions and you have to be able to write on
> them. If not, login as root and delete it, the issue will be normally fixed.
> This is because ati drivers allocate shm but don't remove them all the time.

hm, there was one file called ATISHM00, owned by me.  The directory is
writable by everyone:

$ ls -al /dev/shm/
total 16
drwxrwxrwt  2 root root       60 2007-07-18 08:33 .
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root    14200 2007-07-18 08:22 ..
-rw-rw-rw-  1 iain users 1048576 2007-07-18 08:33 ATISHM00

just to make sure I deleted the file and remounted the directory, but I
still get the errors...

any more ideas?  thanks,

Brian Griffin:  Seriously, who buys a novelty fire extinguisher?
Peter Griffin:  I'll tell you who: someone who cares enough about
physical comedy to put his entire family into serious danger, that's
who.