Albert W. Hopkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Again, I apologize for the outage.  We'll be back online next week and
> hopefully after that we'll have a better way of dealing with issues like
> this when they arise. So please have patience with us.

As far as I'm concerned, it's "fine" that the site is down. No problem
with that.

What I DO find bad, is that there was no communication about that. I
mean, it would have been nice, if there were some sort of "I'll be
back" message, when users try to access http://packages.gentoo.org/.
Or at least a message on the mailing list and more importantly, on
the Gentoo homepage would have been good.

Alexander Skwar