Aleksey V. Kunitskiy wrote:
Hi,

I'm a bit confused, because before this moment I thought that 4G for amd64 platform is normal memory size... I've Asus a8n-e motherboard and AMD X2 cpu. Yesterday I've installed +1G memory to my already installed 3G. Before this my system showed that all 3072M of memory are avalible. After +1G instalation it shows 3948M of avalible memory. My questions are: where is the rest of the memory? Is 4G of memory a problem for amd64 cpu? What is going on there o_O ?

Hi. How are you checking the memory? Can you post the first 30 lines or so of dmesg or the output of 'cat /proc/meminfo'? Also, is your kernel configured with HIGHMEM support? If so, what type?

You may also consider checking in the BIOS for any memory options - some video cards share system memory.