The reason I asked is that I have been running this on my AMDX2
systems since it has been available with no noticeable degradation,
and possibly a little better responsiveness.  I thought maybe you had
some experience with it that would contradict my experiences.

I always assumed that the "If unsure say no/yes" in the kernel was
related to being unfamiliar with the hardware you where configuring
the kernel for.

That said, all I can really say is that it works for me.

-Zac