On Friday 10 August 2007 22:16:31 Florian Philipp wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any sensible reason why it is not possible to change cflags and
> cxxflags on a per-package base like useflags?
>
> I think gcc's default behavior is to use the last given setting if you
> specify for example -O2 and -O3 at the same time. Therefore simple
> appending should be safe, shouldn't it?

Hi,

the only way I know how to do this is using
app-portage/portage-bashrc-ng
It's available through the gechiOverlay: http://gechi-overlay.sourceforge.net

An entry in package.cflags looks like this:
app-office/taskjuggler -ggdb -O2 -march=nocona -msse3 -pipe
-fomit-frame-pointer -fvar-tracking
You have to include the whole line of flags, not just the ones you want to add
to your global ones.

Regards, Elias P.

--
A really nice number:
"09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0"