Aaron Clark <ophidian <at> ophidian.homeip.net> writes:

> >> I have this ethernet  on a Sony laptop:
> >> 08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
> >> 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 16)

> You could try the sky2 driver (listed as EXPERIMENTAL in the make
> menuconfig screens).  It's a more recent driver for the Marvell Yukon
> chipsets than the sk98lin drivers.

I added these driver to the kernel:

<*> New SysKonnect GigaEthernet support
<*> SysKonnect Yukon2 support (EXPERIMENTAL)

And added a few options under pci express
(don't remember exactly)

and it's been up for about 7 hours under heavy download
and ethernet I/O.

so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Is this the sky2 driver you refer to?

If not, can you grep your .config file and post the exact
string, as I do not see a sky2 driver.....?

dmesg show this now:

sky2 0000:08:00.0: v1.14 addr 0xfc200000 irq 17 Yukon-FE (0xb7) rev 1
sky2 eth0: addr 00:13:a9:c0:4a:21
sk98lin: driver has been replaced by the skge driver and is scheduled for
removal
Marvell 88E1101: Registered new driver
Marvell 88E1111: Registered new driver
Marvell 88E1145: Registered new driver