> Don't use straight dvdauthor... unless:
>       * You really enjoy editing large XML files hand
>       * Making complex menus
>       * Very familiar with DVD structure

Creating the xml files is not that difficult. I have generated animated
menus (with buttons which are highlighted on mouse over and selection)
with plain dvdauthor, a few command line tools and a little help of gimp
for creating the buttons!

I think you can get into it without much effort. Dvdauthor itself has a
good documentation here:
http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html

> I don't think that you will have to join your mpg's together, but trial
> and error will prove that right or wrong!

For dvdauthor the mpg's doesn`t need to be joined as you can see in my
previous example!

If you prefer gui tools you can try media-video/qdvdauthor,
media-video/dvdstyler or media-video/tovid.

Regards,

Daniel