I tried the 2007.0 amd64 LiveCD with no success. I tried the graphical
installer and whenever it got the unpack stage from LiveCD part, it hanged
for ever, did not freeze my machina though. So i tried the non graphical
installer which always died after formating the disk partitions. I posted
about this and since i did not get any answers tried with the 2006.0 which
was the best i could do at that moment.