Dan Farrell schrieb:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:48:20 +0200
> Hans-Werner Hilse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> is on what computer? On the "server" (I guess it's the router) the
>> last line would effectively prevent routing for the client (but I
>> don't know why ICMP works...). I would suggest starting without it
>> and then setting up proper rules -- and then setting the chain's
>> policy to DROP (plus some REJECT rules for proper answers).
>
> I agree, I thought your firewall rules were a little wacky too.  These
> rules only route to one host.  generally you'd want to route to a whole
> network, not just one host.
>
>> (but I don't know why ICMP works...).

Well, as I've written, they aren't "my" rules. I just copied and pasted
them.

I know just as much about iptables as I know about cars. I know the
theory, I've seen the building process from like 10 meters distance and
I use finished product.

I'd really appreciate if you could post the correct settings or config
file(s).