On 20/09/2007, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > equery check sys-process/procps
> > equery check sys-apps/coreutils
>
> These check out.

Chances are you are fine then.

> chkrootkit reports no problems whatsoever which is actually kind of
> weird as I remember some things being reported last time I ran it, but
> I looked into them then and they weren't a problem.

The last time? Be careful, chkrootkit/rkhunter should always be used
on the fly, leaving them on a system could allow them to be
compromised and therefore negate the checks they run.

> rkhunter reports no problems but it says it couldn't determine the OS
> so MD5 checks were skipped.

Which doesn't matter as you checked out with the equery.

One other thing to check is to look for additional user (or root /
toor) accounts. A cracker may well have added one to allow them access
after the fact.

Still I would be of the opinion that you are safe.

Thanks
Mark