On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 08:24:42AM -0400, John Blinka wrote:

> > Try `/etc/init.d/nfs --debug start`, that ought to give us some output
> > to work on.
>
> The output is rather long - 1830 lines, so it's in the attached file.

Ok, there are some funny things in there. Please also post the output of
the following commands.

 find /var/lib/init.d/ -name nfs | xargs ls -lh
 ls -lA /var/lib/init.d/
 cat /etc/runlevels/*/.critical

> Not a stupid question - I've been known to overlook the obvious.  But I've
> been running the same kernel for quite some time, and nfs has worked
> before on that kernel.  However, on tobey:
>

> CONFIG_NFS_FS=m
> CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
> # CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL is not set
> CONFIG_NFS_V4=y
> # CONFIG_NFS_DIRECTIO is not set
> CONFIG_NFSD=m
> CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y
> # CONFIG_NFSD_V3_ACL is not set
> CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y
> CONFIG_NFSD_TCP=y
> CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y
> # CONFIG_NCPFS_NFS_NS is not set

That looks fine.

Cheers, Emil

--
Emil Beinroth
83059 Kolbermoor | Germany

<Mercury> emacs sucks, literally, not a insult, just a comment that its large
          enough to have a noticeable gravitational pull...