Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
In theory, for the one transistor and one cap case, you have a loaded
cap that will take "forever" losing its load, won't it? But in
practice, I think, that's not realistic.

It's actually not theory vs. practice. Even in theory, it's not just a cap, it's a cap and a resistor. So you have a time constant, tau = R*C. Since the capacitance is very small (picofarads) and we're not talking large resistance either, you end up with a very small time constant and that cap leaks its charge very quickly (which is why the RAM needs to be refreshed and powered).