On 10/4/07, Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday 04 October 2007, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
>>  [..]
> > However, it makes sense to clean up memory after having
> > critical data in it -- e.g. a reboot doesn't necessarily clean up
> > RAM.
>>  [..]
>
> Yes, this is very true

BUT

On 10/4/07, Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Pray tell, how does RAM manage to retain data when the power is off?

...and...
On 10/4/07, Volker Armin Hemmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In practice, after power is cut, everything in ram is lost.

So, my eternal question, is it realistic for the "lost" RAM data to be
recovered? That is, after system shutdown, does the data still
physically reside on the RAM and can someone with a decent technology
and know-how recover it? In other words, is this a serious breach in
any encrypted system?