Never had a problem with LVM.

On a mythTV box with LVM, started with 80GB IDE, then added in a 300Gb
IDE, then a few months later another 300mb, sata this time.  Basicly
transparent to Myth

I have avoided LVM on laptops before now because its extra complexity
and I'll never add multiple disks.

But, on a sony laptop without LVM - I have discovered that when I
partitioned it in a rush ~18 months ago, I made the diagnostic partition
5 GBytes instead of 5 mbytes - and now I need the space.  My options are
to format it and symlink it into the tree, wipe and start again or
image, repartition and restore.  All have big disadvantages because this
is my primary, work, not owned by me laptop (!).

It would have been so much easier if I had used LVM ...

--
William Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Home in Perth!