071008 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> This question "Is LVM a good idea?" keeps cropping up on mailing lists.
> I find this a bit strange as I find huge benefits
> and have yet to find a valid downside for general use.

If you haven't used it, it looks like a questionable extra complexity,
which could bite your fingers unexpectedly for little real gain.
However, I am grateful for all the replies & may decide to use it,
the comments being generally reassuring as to its stability.
There is a Gentoo doc re how to fit it into the install process.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]