Hi,

Sorry for the slight OT. On Monday I'll have a new shiny MacBook Pro at
home :) (where I will install Gentoo, of course). For this reason, I'd
like to have wireless at home.

So I'm planning to buy a wireless router to share my current DSL*
connection. Since my knowledge on wireless is practically none (I never
owned a notebook since 386 days), I'd like to hear what Gentooers have
to say on how to choose it.

I was also thinking about *building* the wireless router by using one of
the old boxes I have at home and good ol'Tux. Is this possible? In this
case, what kind of wireless hardware do I need to attach?

Thanks,
m.

*technically it's optical fiber