It's a bit off-topic, however I have no other place to ask this question:

Which online forum systems offer bi-directional gateway with email system.
Examples:

* user posts on forum - email is being sent to subscribers (that one almost
any forum out there has out-of-the-box)

* user replies to email sent by forum software and his/her reply gets posted
in appropriate thread of that forum (that is what's important) sending out
subsequent notifications to other subscribers of that forum.

Now I need software that does *both*. Is there any software that does it.
Can't quite figure out approriate query for Google to find one. PhpBB doesn't
have any info on that subject and I didn't run any forum software in the
past.

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator