"de Almeida, Valmor F." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am thinking that to fix this I will have to boot from a cd and emerge
> glibc.

I do not think it will be that simple. The problem is that once you
chroot to /mnt/gentoo all subsequent commands (including emerge and gcc)
will be looking for /lib/libc.so.6 and /lib/ld-linux.so.2 neither of
which will be present following an unmerge of glibc.

If you have a binary glibc package, then you could untar it into
/mnt/gentoo while booted from the CD. Otherwise I suspect that you will
either have to find a binary glibc package on the internet or rebuild
your system from a stage3 tarball in the usual way.