On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 06:12:17 -0600
Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dan Farrell wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:46:52 -0600
> > Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >> I was looking around on Newegg for a new hard drive.  I found a
> >> 250GB that should work.
> >>

> > You might consider getting a Seagate ES.  Enterprise level seagate
> > drives, although they cost maybe $30 USD more, are spec.'d to spin
> > continuously for 5 years.  A good choice if you're planning to have
> > the host around for a while.  I am very happy with their
> > performance.
>

> Ooops, I have IDE and the drive I just sent a email about is a SATA.
> It won't work anyway.  Do they have IDE drives like this?

Yeah, I'm sure they do.  You could also buy a controller for $20 - i am
happy with my Silicon Image SATA controller, and I have another SI ide
controller that has been working well for years.   for example,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132007
has 1 internal, 1 external sata port; they also come with 2 internals,
or more, of course.