I won't answer you with a size since its mainly depends on your own
needs, but don't you know that solutions like lvm or evms provide lots
of flexibility to manage your HD resources ? I advise you to look at
lvm howto. It allows you to add/remove/move/enlarge your partitions as
you need in a truly painless way. To avoid major mounting problems
(can be done but with caution), let /boot and / outside lvm, and put
the others in logical volumes.

Gal'