On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:28:37 +0000, Stroller wrote:

> It might be as simple as completing the `dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb`
> and then using `fdisk` to delete the last partition, then recreate it
> with the same start point (and a later end point). The filesystem
> would then need to be resized. But I don't know if this will work,

It will, I've done it myself. The main disadvantages are that you can
only resize the last partition,and it is very slow (because dd copies
every byte of the source drive, not jut the ones in use). Although I have
used this method, I wouldn't do it again, I'd set up the partitions,
copy with rsync and run grub to install it on the new drive.

--
Neil Bothwick

Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)