> Also, gentoo has an "attic" where all older ebuilds are archived.  You
> can grab the ebuild and any related files and use your local overlay to
> keep it around for as long as you need.
>
> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/x11-drivers/
>
> There are nvidia-drivers and a legacy branch for even older.  In
> nvidia-drivers there is a link to view dead files (or attic) - prob same
> everywhere.
>
> BillK

That works great but the emerge fails during installation:

>>> Install nvidia-drivers-1.0.9639 into
/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-1.0.9639/image/ category
x11-drivers
 * Installing nvidia module
 *
 * ERROR: x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-1.0.9639 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *                        ebuild.sh, line 1701:  Called dyn_install
 *                        ebuild.sh, line 1138:  Called qa_call 'src_install'
 *                        ebuild.sh, line   44:  Called src_install
 *   nvidia-drivers-1.0.9639.ebuild, line  231:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *              [ -f "${FILESDIR}/nvidia" ] || die "nvidia missing in FILESDIR"
 *  The die message:
 *   nvidia missing in FILESDIR

Can anyone tell what happened?

- Grant