Randy Barlow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I will also participate on this thread hijack (but Hal, don't hijack
> anymore.  It makes your mom angry!)  I would actually check more than
> just /etc/pam.d/* if you don't find it there because it's possible for
> mail servers or web servers to use these things the old way too!

Me too but Randy's advice is important.  An angry mom can ruin your
day... hehe

   * Your current setup is using one or more of the following modules,
   * that are not built or supported anymore: pam_pwdb, pam_radius,
   * pam_timestamp, pam_console If you are in real need for these
   * modules, please contact the maintainers of PAM through
   * http://bugs.gentoo.org/ providing information about its use
   * cases.  Please also make sure to read the PAM Upgrade guide at
   * the following URL:
   * http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/pam/upgrade-0.99.xml

I got that non-sense a while ago too and never did find anything but
commented lines. I think the warning may be invoked improperly
under some conditions.  But others more knowledgeable may disagree.

My solution was to uninstall the current pam completely disregarding
dependencies, and then emerge the new one.

It worked here but please BE CAREFUL I think its possible to cause
some problems since we are dealing with things like login.  Definitely
don't try it remotely.