Hi folks,

somehow I have messed up my xorg configuration. The block of sic buttons
from "Insert" to "Page Down" and the four separate3 arrow key (up, left,
down, right) don't work or don't work as expected. For example, "up" invokes
ksnapshot, the others don't do anything. My keyboard is a US 104 buttons
keyboard.

The relevant section in my xorg.conf looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc104"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

When X starts up, it first says:

(**) Keyboard0: XkbRules: "xorg"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbModel: "pc104"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbLayout: "us"
(**) Option "CustomKeycodes" "off"
(**) Keyboard0: CustomKeycodes disabled
(II) evaluating device (Keyboard0)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard0" (type: KEYBOARD)

It says later:

(II) evdev brain: Rescanning devices (2).
(**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard-isa0060/serio0/input0: always reports core
events
(**) Option "XkbModel" "evdev"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AT Translated Set 2
keyboard-isa0060/serio0/input0" (type: KEYBOARD)
(II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard-isa0060/serio0/input0: Init
(II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard-isa0060/serio0/input0: On
(II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard-isa0060/serio0/input0: Off

So it seems to me, it overwrites my settings.

Should I disable "evdev"? How?

Should I do something else?

Uwe

--
If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman listens to him,
is he still lying?