On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Chris Walters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  Can anyone tell me what packages you know of that will break your system if
> you
>  choose to put "ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~amd64" in your make.conf file?  I have had my
>  system break, twice now, from a package upgrade - I think that one of the
>  culprits is gawk, but can't be certain.
>
>  I do know that the only way to fix the problem was to restore from backup, or
>  to try re-installing again.  I just want to know which packages are so
> unstable
>  that I should mask them.  TIA.
>
>  Regards,
>  Chris

Hi Chris,
   I don't think your question can be answered as phrased.

   *Any* package marked with '~' is 'new', 'in testing', 'unstable',
etc. Very few (in my experience) 'break' my machine, but I have a rule
that any package energed as part of emerge system must be stable and I
personally add ~x86 or ~amd64 only for specific packages that I want
or need some new feature.

Hope this helps,
Mark