Hi All,

I changed the monitor on a box that runs kdm/KDE and the fonts on KDE apps are
giving me a headache from eye strain.  This is particularly bad when working
at a console (white letters on black background) and KDE text editors (with
black letters on white background).  Essentially, the antiailiasing seems to
alter the consistency of fonts in an irregular manner causing them to blur
(differently) across the screen, as if the monitor resolution is out of sync.

The resolution in xorg.conf is set at 360 290 mm, but the DDC picks this up on
its own anyway, whether I define it in xorg.conf, or not.  I have no modeline
set.  All I can think that is amiss is the DPI.  I seem to be getting a DPI
of 90x89:

$ xdpyinfo | grep resolution
  resolution:    90x89 dots per inch

Could this be the cause of my headache and how should I fix it?
--
Regards,
Mick