On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:43 AM, andrea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On mar, 2008-03-18 at 10:11 -0700, Joshua D Doll wrote:
>
>  > iTunes works pretty well, running on a VM of windows. I run windows XP
>  > with VMWare Workstation and have iTunes installed to sync my iPod,
>  > because no OSS solutions handle m4a very well :-(.
>
>  Same here with VirtualBox. ITunes works fine for the ipod too.

Older versions of iTuens run OK under Codeweavers. I haven't kept up
my subscription of Crossover Office as it's just far easier to use
iTunes for purchases under Windows. Mostly I don't buy much from them
as I don't like the sound of their encoding but it works great for
keeping my kid happy.

I tend to use iTunes to rip my CDs in Apple's lossless encoder as that
format is supported in Windows and OSX as well as Aqualung on Linux.
If I don't use iTunes to rip then I do it in Linux using K3b.

Hope this helps,
Mark