Grant schrieb:
I had become an AMD guy, but I think I'm hearing that Intel is beating
AMD in performance tests.  Plus my AMD64 X2 desktop should be much
faster than my Intel laptop but is actually slower.  What do you guys
think?

- Grant
Well the experience of a desktop or an application depends on more than just the processor. Nearly every part of a computer does its part. And then you have the software, what software you use, how it is build, what reqirements this software has on other software and hardware and so on. Does it uses the FPU or is it heavy on the ALU. How much IO is used and how much can the system provide. But if you believe the average hardwaremagazine, intel is a step ahead right now.

Norman