On 1 Apr 2008, at 05:44, Ted Ozolins wrote:

I have both gstreamer-0.8 and -0.10 on my system. -0.8 is no longer in portage. Revdep-rebuild complains about several packages as broken and require gstreamer-0.8. I tried following:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Troubleshooting_Gstreamer

Can I emerge -C =media-libs/gstreamer-0.8 without borking my system?

I would _imagine_ so.
I'd expect that if you were to remove 0.8 then revdep-rebuild would then allow the packages to be rebuilt linked against the late version.

However, to be sure that these packages don't have a depends that specifies < 0.9 it might be worth telling use which packages are broken?
I take it you can't emerge -1 each of these packages separately?

Stroller.