On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 08:12:27 -0600, Ted Ozolins wrote:

> Having followed your recommendations I found thet :
> emerge -Cp gstreamer showed only gstreamer-0.10. No matter what I
> tried,

Unless you tell it otherwise, emerge always tries to operate on the
latest version of a package. You need "emerge -C
media-libs/gstreamer-0.8". Even though you have manually removed the
files, you should still run this to clean up your package database.

--
Neil Bothwick

What do you get if you cross an agnostic, an insomniac and adyslexic?
Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.