Uwe Thiem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 31 March 2008, Michael Schmarck wrote:
>> Stroller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>> > When you're describing someone who has annoyed you on the
>> > Internet as an "aggressor" it probably means you need to take a
>> > break for a while
>>
>> How else would you describe Alan in his first post in the thread?
>> Troll? Would that fit better?
>
> Hello, people! Calm down, will you?

No problem. But if people "provoke" a reaction, I've got to "defend"
myself and my position.

> Michael, if you scan past posts by Alan, you will find out that he is
> full of jokes - good ones and some not so good. He is neither aan

Here he certainly made one of the "not so good ones".

> aggressor, nor a troll. Just full of - sometimes weird - humour.

Agreed.

> He was pulling your leg; that's different from trolling.

Yes, it is. But here you're saying it as well. *HE* was doing
something, which provoked some sort of reaction. Maybe my reaction
was not what he wanted go get (that's what he's saying at least
and it's also what I believe to be true). But, you know, if
he wouldn't have done what he did, we wouldn't have this mess.

To a certain degree, this mess may also be my fault, but it's
absolutely not only my fault. Alan is at least as "guilty" as I am.

You're right though - "aggressor" and/or "troll" aren't the right
words. Couldn't and still can't think of better ones though.

Michael