On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/4/5 Ricardo Saffi Marques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  > > If someone knows where a
>  > > list like that might be could you point me there?
>  >
>  > Have you tried these?
>  >
>  >  http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_MythTV
>  >  and
>  >  http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_Kernel/System_for_MythTV
>  > --
>  > Ricardo Saffi Marques
>
>  Thanks Ricardo,
>    Actually, since I wrote the first email I've built
>  2.6.24-gentoo-r4, emerged ivtv-1.0.3-r2 and it boots and loads the
>  driver fine. Both cards are seens so that much is behind me. I'm in
>  the process of testing the cards and setting up mysql now.
>
>  Knock on wood so far things are going pretty well.
>
>  Cheers,
>  Mark

OK, my immediate needs are solved with 2.6.24-gentoo-r4 and
ivtv-1.0.3-r2. Both of my PVR cards are seen by the system and record
successfully at the command line using cat /dev/v4l/video0 >test0.mpg.
(Or video1) xine plays the files fine.

Now the issue is to get the backend set up. First mysql, then
mythbackend, then some test recordings. your second link will help
with that I think.

Cheers,
Mark