Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 2008/4/5 Ricardo Saffi Marques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>>> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  >
>>  > > If someone knows where a
>>  > > list like that might be could you point me there?
>>  >
>>  > Have you tried these?
>>  >
>>  >  http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_MythTV
>>  >  and
>>  >  http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_Kernel/System_for_MythTV
>>  > --
>>  > Ricardo Saffi Marques
>>
>>  Thanks Ricardo,
>>    Actually, since I wrote the first email I've built
>>  2.6.24-gentoo-r4, emerged ivtv-1.0.3-r2 and it boots and loads the
>>  driver fine. Both cards are seens so that much is behind me. I'm in
>>  the process of testing the cards and setting up mysql now.
>>
>>  Knock on wood so far things are going pretty well.
>>
>>  Cheers,
>>  Mark
>>

> OK, my immediate needs are solved with 2.6.24-gentoo-r4 and
> ivtv-1.0.3-r2. Both of my PVR cards are seen by the system and record
> successfully at the command line using cat /dev/v4l/video0 >test0.mpg.
> (Or video1) xine plays the files fine.
>
> Now the issue is to get the backend set up. First mysql, then
> mythbackend, then some test recordings. your second link will help
> with that I think.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark
I'm glad it worked out for you.

IIRC, the ivtv builds are linked to the kernel version - older kernels
require you to use older ivtv builds. For example, kernel 2.6.19.* will
take ivtv 0.9, while kernel 2.6.18.* takes ivtv 0.8. ivtv 1.0.* has
worked for any kernel since 2.6.21, so unless you plan on downgrading
below that, you should stick with 1.0.

-Tim