Neil Bothwick wrote:
| On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 03:29:08 -0400, Chris Walters wrote:
|
|> I just noticed in the logs
|> that periodically, something tries to send something through
|> '(myhost).adelphia.net'.  This is a problem, since there is no such
|> domain. Now to the reason I think it is sSMTP (a misconfiguration, or
|> something):
|
| It could be, but only you know how ssmtp is configured. What is
| in /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf
|
| Incidentally, why not mention ssmtp in the Subject: it would be a lot
| more helpful that what you used and may even increase your chances of a
| solution.

Here are the contents of my ssmtp.conf file:

#
# /etc/ssmtp.conf -- a config file for sSMTP sendmail.
#

# The person who gets all mail for userids < 1000
# Make this empty to disable rewriting.
root=postmaster

# The place where the mail goes. The actual machine name is required
# no MX records are consulted. Commonly mailhosts are named mail.domain.com
# The example will fit if you are in domain.com and your mailhub is so named.
mailhub=mail

# Example for SMTP port number 2525
# mailhub=mail.your.domain:2525
# Example for SMTP port number 25 (Standard/RFC)
# mailhub=mail.your.domain
# Example for SSL encrypted connection
# mailhub=mail.your.domain:465

# Where will the mail seem to come from?
rewriteDomain=

# The full hostname

# Gentoo bug #47562
# Commenting the following line will force ssmtp to figure
# out the hostname itself.

# hostname=_HOSTNAME_

# Set this to never rewrite the "From:" line (unless not given) and to
# use that address in the "from line" of the envelope.
#FromLineOverride=YES

# Use SSL/TLS to send secure messages to server.
#UseTLS=YES

# Use SSL/TLS certificate to authenticate against smtp host.
#UseTLSCert=YES

# Use this RSA certificate.
#TLSCert=/etc/ssl/certs/ssmtp.pem

** End ssmtp.conf **

And here is the the revaliases file:

# sSMTP aliases
#
# Format:       local_account:outgoing_address:mailhub
#
# Example: root:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:mailhub.your.domain[:port]
# where [:port] is an optional port number that defaults to 25.

** End revaliases **