On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:10:59 +0100, Graham Murray wrote:

> > If you use dispatch-conf, check /etc/config-archive for your previous
> > version.  You might get lucky...

That won't help because the replacement is done by the ebuild.

> It was not there for me. conf.d/net.example was in there but not
> conf.d/net which contained the pre-baselayout-2 network
> configuration. My main complaint was that there was, at the time (it has
> since been added to the upgrade guide), no warning that /etc/conf.d/net
> would be hosed and replaced by a skeleton.

The upgrade guide makes no mention of this, only of the removal
of /etc/init.d/eth0, which is easily replaced. It is also an apparently
random occurrence, at least in my experience. I upgraded another machine
this morning and the file was untouched.

--
Neil Bothwick

Nice computers don't go down.