Florian Philipp wrote:
On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 14:38 -0400, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
(Portage is a little dated at 1.2.9)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkhunter/

Thanks for the info but this doesn't belong here. The proper thing to do
would be to open a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org and request a version
bump.

Thanks for replying

I've tried bugs (under admin, iirc), and always get notes telling me that my version info. post doesn't belong there, and deleting my submission. If there is a category for version bumps, I haven't figure it out.

I wasn't going to say anything (I love Gentoo and don't want to be a complainer), but rtkthunter and chkrootkit are arguably important packages for newbies like me.

(fwiw, I imagine that others, like me, have a few packages - especially those linked to online activity, or security issues (e.g. maradns, runit, rtkthunter, chkrootkit, vidalia, etc.) that are simply maintained from source, hoping that portage someday catch up :-( )