On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 18:46 -0400, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
> Florian Philipp wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 14:38 -0400, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
> >> (Portage is a little dated at 1.2.9)
> >>
> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkhunter/
> >
> > Thanks for the info but this doesn't belong here. The proper thing to do
> > would be to open a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org and request a version
> > bump.
>
> Thanks for replying
>
> I've tried bugs (under admin, iirc), and always get notes telling me
> that my version info. post doesn't belong there, and deleting my
> submission. If there is a category for version bumps, I haven't figure
> it out.

As I understand it, Admin is meant for administrative purposes of the
Gentoo-project as a whole. I'd post it in Gentoo Linux. Most of the
time, Gentoo Linux is the right place for version bumps. Since this is
also security-related, you could argue for Gentoo Security but this is
meant for Security holes and stuff like that.

Of course, it would have been better if the bug wrangler had
moved your bug to the right place or at least told you where to file
it. If you think you've been treated wrong, feel free to file a bug in
User Relations but I'd rather not. Jakub and the other bug wrangler
might seem rude from time to time but they are doing quiet a hard job
very well when trying to keep pace with the input of bugs. That's why I
wouldn't take such things personally.