At Tue, 6 May 2008 12:42:15 -0300,
Daniel da Veiga wrote:
<snip, snip>
> Gentoo networking configuration is OK. It works for the most part, but
> you just need something were you can quickly type a password for a
> protected WPA network and it connects. Yes, you CAN edit the files by
> hand and provide the information, but that just makes your net
> configuration file a mess. I ended up with a pretty mess of over a
> dozen networks, most of them I used only once.
>
> I'm all for the console and editing configuration files, but a laptop
> or notebook is meant to be a fast tool to be connected everywhere,
> isnt it?

Yeah, that's true. I still bite the bullet and edit
wpa_supplicant.conf by hand. Add it once, and from then on, it works
pretty automatically. However, when you connect to a *lot* of
networks, I can imagine that this quickly gets ugly. Maybe write a
script which uses something like sqlite to store your configuration?

Alternatively, use the emacs outline mode to fold the lines^^

Regards,
Jan