On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 01:42 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 7:12 PM, deface <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Daniel da Veiga wrote:
> >
> > > I've been struggling with network managing in my laptop for some time
> > > now. There's no decent way to keep it on config files. I connect to a
> > > LOT of completely different wired and wireless networks.

been there, done that ... and gave up.

Write your own scripts and shortcut the frustration.

Keep a directory with a subdirectory for each site.  Have all config
files needed properly configured and stored there. Lastly, a simple
script just copies in the required files over the top of the last lot
and restarts the services.  I have a desktop icon and a GUI (using
gtkdialog) so I can easily select the correct site.

Ive tried a few like network manager, and also tried to get gentoo's
networking to do it semi-automaticly to help, but all I ended up with
was a frustratingly fragile mess.

At least now it works reliably, and saves me lots of time as well.

BillK