On Wednesday 14 May 2008, Marko Kocić wrote:
> Is it a known issue with 2.6.26-rc1 kernel? How could I painlessly
> migrate configuration from old 2.6.25 kernel to 2.6.26 without need
> for complete reconfiguration?
> make menuconfig always keeped current config before, did it change
> recently?

It didn't change that I know of, but one can never tell. I suppose step
1 is to check what changed. So, either:

run make oldconfig
or
run make menuconfig and rapidly flip through all the screens looking for
entries that end with [NEW]

If that doesn't sort stuff out, then you will probably have to inspect
the area where you have missing modules more closely and read the help
pages. What are these missing modules? Often it's a case of a
replacement has a different name, like the b43legacy for Broadcom
wireless now has an entirely new b43 intended to replace b43legacy

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com