"Chuanwen Wu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> cdrecord supports both CDs and DVDs.
> Where is cdrecord? I can't see it in the portage.

The official cdredcord source is here:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

Cdrecord started in January 1996 (12.5 years ago),
cdrcord added DVD support in February 1998 (10 years ago)
cdrecod addded Blu Ray support in summer 2007.

I know that cdrecord is on portage, but I don't know where.

Be careful not to use forks but only official code. All known forks
are full of bugs. In special: they come with extremely buggy mkisofs
variants and they all have incomplete and broken DVD support (because
the working original DVD support code has been completely relaced in
the forks).

Cdrecord is known to work with all drives and media. Other software may
have problems with some drives or media.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)